Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Nissans
I've always been a fan of Japanese cars. Living in an Asian country, I have always admired how Asian made vehicles can compete or at least be at par with other European or North American car manufacturers. Here are some examples of cars that I have admired coming from the stable of Nissan.
This first car is called the Nissan Skyline HT2000 GT-R. It comes from Hotwheels. This car is one of my favorites since I am a big fan of JDM. This car was manufactured from 1972 - 77, about the same time I was born. Yes, I agree that most cars that were born roughly in this era really made statements. They are fondly called "Kenmeri". The nickname was taken from the car's commercial, which featured a couple named Ken and Mary. Cute...
A lot of Nissan's cars have Datsun in their names. This is confusing for me. I'm sure a lot of you also are confused. Datsun used to be the name of Nissan. This blog writing is starting to be fun. I'm learning and sharing what I know as I go along. This could be addicting. Anyway, I like this casting because of it being JDM, it was born in the right era, and of course it looks angry. Something about angry looking cars attracts me.
This car is the bosozoku style of the Nissan Skyline HT2000 GT-R. This style of vehicle originated from a rebellious group of motorcycle fiends, probably like the Japanese version of the American motorcycle gang called Hell's Angels. Common traits include removing their mufflers, riding helmetless, and wreckless driving. This casting is a red version of the Mad Manga. It comes in 3 different variations, purple, aqua, and red. This, for me, is the best color of the three. I already have burred out the rivets and I'm planning to customize the color of this car. I just have not decided which color to use, maybe Gundam colors are appropriate since the car has that sharp, pointed, robotic look that Gundams have. I've seen danielh modelmeister's work on the Mad Manga and my bacon brief dropped. Amazing work from the man. He makes custom decals, paint, rivet tapping, creating small parts with wiring, and door dremelling look so easy.
This car is called the 1970 Datsun Bluebird 510. This was one of my first customs I've done. There are different variants of this casting, this came in green. I stripped it and painted it chocolate brown. I've burred the rivets out to paint it. Painted the headlights, tail lights, door handles, park lights, and painted the roll cage red so it's more visible from the outside. The wheels have been swapped from a Ferrari Racer. I love these wheels. My friend Nhick tried to make plastic castings of the wheel but was not successful. I think he's still trying.
The Datsun 240z or fondly known by manga fans as "The Devil Z", is one of my next custom project. To adhere to the manga, I will paint it blue all throughout and do a wheel swap.
WORDS TO FOLLOW DATSUN 510 WAGON
WORDS TO FOLLOW FASTLANE 370Z
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment